Triumph has announced that it’s bringing the Speed Twin back in the Bonneville line-up with an all-new 2019 model.
The new Speed Twin looks very much like the popular Street Twin’s big sister: more power, more tech and more premium packaging.
For power, it uses an updated 1200cc Bonneville twin engine with ‘Thruxton’ tune, pumping out maximum power of 97PS @ 6750rpm, and a torque figure of 112Nm @ 4950rpm.
It’s not all about power though. The new bike is 10kg lighter than the Thruxton, so it should be more accessible, with a more relaxed riding position too.
Brembo brakes, LED lights and USB socket give an idea of the tech level, and 80+ accessories make it possible to really turn the bike into your own.
There’s no word on pricing or availability yet, but here’s all the details from Triumph:
- Confidence inspiring, precise, agile and dynamic ride
- Dedicated new chassis and suspension set-up
- 10kg lighter than the Thruxton
- High specification Brembo brakes and twin discs
- ABS and switchable traction control
- Comfortable, engaged riding position with accessible low seat height and pillion capability
- Updated 1200cc HP Bonneville twin engine with ‘Thruxton’ tune
- High power across the entire rev range, with peak output of 97PS @ 6,750 rpm
- Exhilarating torque delivery, with peak torque of 112 Nm @ 4,950 rpm
- Distinctive British twin sound from twin black upswept sports silencers
- Sport, Road and Rain riding modes
- LED lighting, with DRL headlight (in applicable markets)
- Torque assist clutch
- Feature packed twin clocks
- USB charging socket
- Accessory TPMS capability
- Triumph’s timeless DNA married to a new standard in contemporary Bonneville style
- Muscular and imposing roadster poise
- 80+ custom Speed Twin accessories
Finish and detailing
- A host of beautifully designed premium features, finishes and details
- Brushed aluminium mudguards, throttle body covers, side panel finishers, heel guards and headers
- 7 spoke aluminium wheels
- Monza-style fuel cap
- Minimal rear end
- Bar end mirrors
Enjoy more MSL reading in the monthly magazine. Click here to subscribe.